- Do your techniques involve any kind of deception?
- Do you use proprietary techniques?
- Do you use doorway pages or anything similar?
- Do you do deceptive redirects?
- Have you ever had sites banned?
- Do you offer rank guarantees? (You canâ€™t guarantee something you have no control over. The only way you can get a guaranteed rank is through pay-per-click.)
- Do you send email to prospects with whom they do not have a prior existing business relationship or permission from those prospects in advance? (If so, that’s spam! Never do business with a spammer.)
- Does your SEO vendor teach you how to fish, or do they always do the fishing for you?
- Have your traffic and sales gone up a lot because of the vendor? If so, do you believe the increase to be sustainable?
- How long have you worked with the vendor? How long do you plan to continue working with them? Any idea what the vendor’s client churn rate is?
It seems fair to say unsolicited emails are “spam” 99.9% of the time. How would you suggest a new firm (read, no word of mouth available) cold call perspective clients without appearing to be spamming?