The Art of SEO
The Art of SEO was published by O’Reilly, in October 2009 (2nd edition published March 2012). Stephan’s co-authors are Eric Enge, Rand Fishkin, and Jessie Stricchiola.
Even a well-designed, user-friendly website is worth nothing if it doesn’t get any visitors. In order to be successful in a virtual economy, it’s vital to optimize your site for search engine visibility. Written by four of today’s most prominent search engine optimization (SEO) experts, The Art of SEO guides you through the innovative techniques that will help you to design and implement a complete and thorough SEO strategy.
The authors take you through the basics of SEO and point out common misconceptions. Even beginners will walk away with a comprehensive education in SEO, including a repertoire of elementary and advanced optimization tactics. The book also serves more experienced SEO professionals as an extensive reference of SEO best practices.
- Understand the fundamentals of SEO by understanding how search engines work
- Master the steps necessary to design, implement, and evaluate SEO campaigns
- Explore a variety of advanced methods and techniques
- Learn the complexities involved in advanced SEO project management
- Gain the knowledge you need to develop a strong team of clearly defined SEO practitioners
- Get a sneak peek at the future of search and understand where the SEO industry is headed
Google Power Search
Google Power Search, published by O’Reilly, in August 2011.
Behind Google’s deceptively simple interface is immense power for both market and competitive research—if you know how to use it well. Sure, basic searches are easy, but complex searches require specialized skills. This concise book takes you through the full range of Google’s powerful search-refinement features, so you can quickly find the specific information you need. Learn techniques ranging from simple Boolean logic to URL parameters and other advanced tools, and see how they’re applied to real-world market research examples.
- Incorporate advanced search operators such as filetype:, intitle:, daterange:, and others into your queries
- Use Google filtering tools, including Search Within Results, Similar Pages, and SafeSearch, among others
- Explore the breadth of Google through auxiliary search services like Google News, Google Books, Google Blog Search, and Google Scholar
- Acquire advanced Google skills that result in more effective search engine optimization (SEO)
To learn more about Google Power Search, or to order a copy of this book, please visit Amazon.com.