It was an honor and a privelege to share the virtual podium today with some of the greatest minds in business blogging, indeed some of the greatest minds in marketing — period. This morning I led the MarketingProfs Thought Leaders Summit on business blogging, with panelists Seth Godin, Doc Searls, Robert Scoble, Steve Rubel, Debbie Weil, Toby Bloomberg, Shel Israel, and BL Ochman. We discussed some important issues in business blogging, such as:
- how to make a solid business case for blogging for marketing purposes
- how to manage upper management’s expectations for the outcome of blogging
- no-nos and potential hazards when blogging
- issues with hiring a professional blogger / blogging consultant / ghostblogger
- how to promote a blog
- how to influence other bloggers to blog about one’s own products/services
- most effective business blogging tactics
- blogging heroes/mentors
- where the blogosphere is heading over the next few years
The audio should become publicly available in a couple weeks time. We will make the MP3 available to all MarketingProfs members, not just Premium members, for four weeks. I’ll blog to let you know when it’s been posted to the MarketingProfs.com site. From the audio recording a transcript is being prepared as well, which will be available only to MarketingProfs Premium members. From the transcript, I will be preparing a synopsis report, summarizing the main points and takeaways from the Summit.
Big thank yous to our esteemed panel of experts!