- I wrote a BBS (bulletin board system) from scratch in BASIC when I was 13. I then operated that BBS for months from my home. I didn’t have a dedicated phone line, so I used our one-and-only phone line, much to the irritation of my mother. She would pick up the phone to use it and got modem tones instead of a dial tone. So she would yell at me to shut it off, and I would dutifully comply, cutting the user off abruptly. The name of my BBS? “Fly By Night BBS”, quite fittingly. 😉
- You may know that I live in New Zealand. But you may not know that I live by the ocean and get to enjoy breathtaking views of Lyttelton Harbor. I feel very blessed. This is what I get to see out the windows while I do the dishes:
- I was 19 when I got married. That was in 1990, and I’m still happily married. (yes, to the same woman!)
- I am a big fan of the sci-fi shows Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. I used to love Star Trek Voyager and Enterprise, but I’ve seen all the episodes too many times now.
- I filed a patent application this month. (woohoo!)
I’m not usually one for propagating memes (a meme is a “copy me” instruction that is backed up by threats and/or promises), but this one spreading amongst the SEO bloggers is kinda fun, so here goes…
Gene A. Wright says
So, how does this work, are we supposed to post five things about ourselves, and then put five links in our own blog?
Stephan Spencer says
Hi Gene! Before participating, you’re supposed to wait until you’ve been tagged by another blogger. Then you tag 5 other bloggers.