I’m helping Danny Sullivan with coordinating the “Buying Sites for SEO” panel session at SMX Advanced, taking place June 3-4 in Seattle. And I’m looking for panelist recommendations.
The session will cover how to find the gems out there, criteria to consider, ways to negotiate, how to best leverage your new purchase etc. and will include tips, tricks, success stories, and painful lessons learned.
What would make for an ideal speaker:
- experience with buying or selling sites, either for themselves and/or for clients.
- has examples of sites they’ve bought, how they valued them and what price they ended up paying for them
- has an internal tool or process to assist with identifying attractive acquisition targets
- had deals fall through and can talk about why it happened and what they could have done differently to change the outcome
- has a process for moving the acquired site — hosting, WHOIS, etc. — so that the PageRank/trust/authority doesn’t get reset
- has a process for determining what to keep, renovate, replace, and remove from the acquired site
Got someone to recommend? Email me at email@example.com.
Want to suggest yourself? Fill out the speaker pitch form.